Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What does Persistent Grace mean?

Looking into the heart of Jesus we can understand that what He did, offering Himself as a sacrafice for all over 2000 years ago, has unyielding effects.

Eventhough believers of that time experienced this act in the physical, what we know through the teachings of the bible is but yet like a memory, we have yet to know.

It is through our faith and belief of Jesus that we have come to know this act as the very truth and this gives us the entitlement to be given the same grace in this day as it was then. It has changed not.

Jesus said then what still speaks volumes now that His grace is sufficient and when we consider other scripture that Jesus is the same today as He was yesturday and will be forever, we know that the very person of Jesus and His actions are the same and are consistent and unyielding! To them there is no end and thus we have the lasting effects of His persistent grace!
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14: 27
"No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father. " John 17:27-28
(NIV)