Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here is a list of scripture for you to reference to aid in your hearts recovery.

Use these as daily reaffirments of God's love for you lean on His word and allow the soothing comforts of the Holy Spirit to gradually lift you.

God Bless you on your journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed- in a twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable..." 1 Cor 15:51-52

"But God who comforts the downcast..." 2 Cor 7:6

"...God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out "Abba, Father" So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir." Gal 4:6-7

"But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather, serve one another in love." Gal 5:13

"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you." Romans 8:11

"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children." Romans 8:16

" ... Suffering produces perseverace, perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. " Romans 5:3-5

" I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion of whom I have compassion. " It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy." Romans 9:15-16

" If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all- how will he not also , along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died - more than that, who was raised to life is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?" Romans 8:31-35

" No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neighter angels nor demons, neither the present nore the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. " Romans 8:37-39

" For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God..." 1 Cor 1:18

" For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. " John 3:16

" But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:14

" I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned..." John 5:24

" I am the bread of life, He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John6:35

" I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John8:12

" I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies and whoever lives and believes in me will never die..." John 11:25

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit , whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you." John 14:26-27

"... Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

There are more healing words of wisdom in God's word, I'll leave this to rest with you for now...
Taken from the NIV bible